Around 1100 hours 71 crews were alerted to a possible dwelling fire on Winchester Place in Upper Hanover. Due on the Box was Station 71, E38, SD65 & TW65.
Deputy 71 (H. Gillmer) arrived to find the dwelling charged with smoke. After investigating, crews found a smoldering trash can in the bathroom that extended into the walls of the dwelling. Lucky for a burst pipe in the wall it kept the fire from spreading. Squirt 71 arrived and pulled a line to extinguish the remaining fire.
After completing overhaul and checking for additional extension crews were made available. Crews operated for about 90 minutes.
Units on Scene:
SQ71,SD71, DC71, TW65, SD65, E38